EPP begins operations on eighth Mont Belvieu NGL fractionator

Enterprise Products Partners LP (EPP) has started operations on its latest 85,000 b/d natural gas liquids fractionator at the partnership’s Mont Belvieu, Tex., complex.

The unit is the facility’s eighth fractionator, boosting total NGL fractionation capacity at Mont Belvieu to 655,000 b/d. EPP began operations on its seventh NGL fractionator, also with 85,000 b/d capacity, in September (OGJ Online, Sept. 18, 2013).

EPP said the increased capacity allows further NGL production from shale plays such as the Eagle Ford and other basins in the Rocky Mountain and Midcontinent regions. EPP now has more than 1 million b/d of NGL fractionation capacity across its systems, the company said.

The two newest fractionators were constructed as part of a joint venture with Anadarko Petroleum Corp. affiliate Western Gas Partners LP. EPP operates the units and holds 75% interest while Western Gas holds the remaining 25%.

Related Articles

Future of Croatian refinery remains uncertain

09/19/2014 Croatia’s Ministry of Economy said it remains to committed to working with Hungary’s state-owned MOL PLC, a subsidiary of MOL Group, Budapest, to p...

PDVSA wraps major maintenance at Puerto La Cruz refinery

09/18/2014 Petroleos de Venezuela SA (PDVSA) has completed major maintenance on the atmospheric distillation unit at its 190,000-b/d Puerto La Cruz refinery i...

WoodMac: China, North America face propylene oversupply

09/17/2014 Oil and gas analyst Wood Mackenzie Ltd. forecasts that global propylene production capacity will increase to 165 million tonnes/year (tpy) by 2030 ...

AFPM launches web site to recruit refining, petchem employees

09/17/2014 The American Fuel & Petrochemical Manufacturers launched a workforce development web site to provide information for anyone seeking a career in...

Careers at TOTAL

Careers at TOTAL - Videos

More than 600 job openings are now online, watch videos and learn more!

 

Click Here to Watch

Other Oil & Gas Industry Jobs

Search More Job Listings >>
Stay Connected