Colombia: PetroNova spuds Putumayo exploratory well

PetroNova Inc., Calgary, has spudded Canelo Sur-2, first exploratory well on the PUT-2 block in the Putumayo basin in Colombia.

PetroNova, operator with a 75% working interest in the block, said the well “targets a robust four-way closure, the first of several on-trend structures identified in the eastern part of the block.” Suroco Energy Inc., Calgary, holds the other 25% interest.

The well is to be drilled directionally from a three-well pad to 10,300 ft measured depth, 9,900 ft true vertical depth, with the Cretaceous Villeta formation as the primary target. Drilling time is put at 45 days.

Related Articles

OTC: Pemex preparing for cultural transition as Mexico reforms energy laws

05/06/2014 Mexico’s Petroleos Mexicanos (Pemex) is preparing for a major cultural transition while the country’s government moves to implement energy reforms ...

OTC: Nova Scotia seeks bids in active eastern Canada offshore

05/06/2014 Exploration and development remain brisk offshore eastern Canada, provincial officials reported May 6 at the Offshore Technology Conference in Hous...

Falcon farms out portion of Beetaloo basin permits

05/06/2014 Falcon Oil & Gas Ltd., Dublin, has farmed out a portion of its exploration permits in the Beetaloo basin onshore Northern Territory to South Af...

OTC: Ocean-bottom seismic improves resolution for offshore subsurface

05/05/2014 Streamer technology is not new, however, it has gone through many advances within the last 30 years. In 1980, 120 channels were considered advanced...

Careers at TOTAL

Careers at TOTAL - Videos

More than 600 job openings are now online, watch videos and learn more!

 

Click Here to Watch

Other Oil & Gas Industry Jobs

Search More Job Listings >>
Stay Connected