Rosneft to buy Enel stake in Arctic Russia in $1.8 billion deal

OAO Rosneft has agreed to acquire a 40% stake in Arctic Russia BV from Italian power company Enel for $1.8 billion.

The purchase by Rosneft subsidiary NGK Itera will give Rosneft indirect ownership of a 19.6% share in SeverEnergia, a joint gas production venture with assets in the Yamal-Nenets autonomous region.

Yamal Development, a joint venture of Novatek and Gazprom Neft, owns 51% of SeverEnergia. The remaining 49% is owned by Arctic Russia, a 60-40 joint venture of Eni and Enel.

SeverEnergia owns licenses for nine fields, including Samburgskoye, Yaro-Yakhinskoye, Yevo-Yakhinskoye, and Severo-Chaselskoye.

Completion of the transaction is subject to regulatory approvals.

 

Related Articles

Market watch: Energy futures prices rose slightly Friday

05/06/2002 Crude oil futures prices rose slightly Friday amid lingering uncertainty about a possible disruption of Middle East supplies, although tensions in ...

Gulf of Mexico oil service sector showing signs of an upturn

05/06/2002 The Gulf of Mexico oil service sector is experiencing the signs of an upturn, analysts with Simmons & Co. International, UBS Warburg LLC, and RBC D...

OTC: Industry, national agencies need to work together to make FPSOs work in the gulf

05/06/2002 Over the coming years, the oil and gas industry will have to keep an open line of communication with national agencies such as the US Coast Guard a...

Market watch: Energy futures prices fall as Iraq lifts embargo

05/07/2002 Crude oil futures prices fell Monday after Iraq announced plans to lift a self-imposed export embargo with exports expected to resume by Wednesday.

Careers at TOTAL

Careers at TOTAL - Videos

More than 600 job openings are now online, watch videos and learn more!

 

Click Here to Watch

Other Oil & Gas Industry Jobs

Search More Job Listings >>
Stay Connected