Imperial, ExxonMobil Canada to buy Clyden stake

Imperial Oil Resources and ExxonMobil Canada will acquire the 100% interest held by ConocoPhillips in the 226,000-acre Clyden oil sands leasehold 150 km south of Fort McMurray, Alta., for about $751 million (Can.).

Clyden is in the southern Athabasca area near Imperial’s nonproducing Corner leasehold. It has a bitumen resource amenable to steam-assisted gravity drainage development, the acquiring companies said.

Subject to federal approvals, Imperial Oil, 69.6% of the shares of which are owned by ExxonMobil Corp., will buy a 27.5% interest in the Clyden area. ExxonMobil Canada will buy the remaining 72.5%.

The companies indicated ExxonMobil Canada will seek a partner to keep its share equivalent with that of Imperial Oil.

A ConocoPhillips official described the sale as part of a “rebalancing” of its oil sands holdings.

Related Articles

Shell submits revisions to its 2015 Chukchi Sea exploration plan

08/29/2014 Shell Offshore Inc. submitted revisions to its previously approved Chukchi Sea exploration plan on Aug. 28, a spokesman for the company confirmed. ...

BLM announces California oil, gas strategy as CCST issues report

08/29/2014 The US Bureau of Land Management’s California state office announced a comprehensive strategy for its oil and gas program in the state after receiv...

MARKET WATCH: Crude oil futures end trading session higher in New York

08/29/2014

Crude oil futures prices trended upwards Aug. 28, ending the day’s trading session higher, while the ICE contract for Brent retreated.

EIA: US sees lowest pre-Labor Day gasoline prices in 4 years

08/29/2014 US retail prices for regular gasoline averaged $3.45/gal on Aug. 25, which was lowest price on a Monday preceding the Labor Day holiday in the US s...

Careers at TOTAL

Careers at TOTAL - Videos

More than 600 job openings are now online, watch videos and learn more!

 

Click Here to Watch

Other Oil & Gas Industry Jobs

Search More Job Listings >>
Stay Connected