Statoil has let a contract to Daewoo Shipbuilding & Marine Engineering for design and construction of the topsides of the platform to be installed on Dagny oil and natural gas field offshore Norway. Aker Solutions will be a major subcontractor.
Dagny field, discovered in 1974, lies in 120 m of water in the North Sea about 30 km northwest of the Sleipner A platform (OGJ Online, Jan. 17, 2012). Liquids produced from it will be loaded onto tankers. Gas will flow by pipeline to Sleipner.
Heerema Vlissingen has the contract to build the platform jacket. Maersk Drilling will drill production wells from a jack up, and Allseas will handle pipelaying.
Dagny production is expected to start in the first quarter of 2017 and continue for 20 years.
Statoil expects plateau production of 60,000 b/d of oil and 9 million standard cu m/day of rich gas. It plans to inject 8 million cu m/day of dry gas to enhance oil production.
The field spans several production license areas.
Statoil is the operator with a 100% interest in PL303. It also is operator of PL048 with an interest of 78.2%. Total holds the remaining 21.8% of PL048 and 100% of PL029. In PL029B, Statoil is operator with 50%; Total holds 30%, and Det Norske has 20%.