BP starts production at Valhall oil field redevelopment

BP PLC reported that oil production began from the Valhall field redevelopment in the southern part of the Norwegian North Sea.

BP Chief Executive Officer Bob Dudley gives Valhall a further 40-year design life with the capacity to handle 120,000 b/d of oil and 143 MMscfd of gas. BP expects Valhall production to increase to 65,000 boe/d in this year’s second half.

Redevelopment includes a 180-bed process-hotel (PH) platform, as well as a system of bridges and walkways that contain all utilities and process piping that link the PH to the existing complex. It is powered by a power-from-shore system via a 183-mile DC cable from southern Norway, a plan BP expects will reduce direct emissions to air from Valhall field to near-zero.

BP Norway operates Valhall field and holds a 35.9% interest. Hess Norge owns the remaining 64.1% interest (OGJ Online, June 22, 2010).

Related Articles

Baker Hughes: US drilling rig count drops to 1,803

03/21/2014 After consecutive weeks of significant gains, the US drilling rig count lost 6 units to 1,803 rigs working during the week ended Mar. 21, Baker Hug...

Cenovus gets AER approval for Grand Rapids oil sands project

03/21/2014 Cenovus Energy Inc. reported that it has received approval from the Alberta Energy Regulator (AER) for its wholly owned Grand Rapids thermal oil sa...

Shell lets contracts for Majnoon development

03/18/2014 Shell Iraq Petroleum Development BV has let engineering and procurement services contracts to Foster Wheeler Kentz Energy Services DMCC, Dubai, for...

Ivanhoe halts Tamarack oil sands project citing lack of regulatory ‘clarity’

03/18/2014 Ivanhoe Energy Inc. has suspended activity on its Tamarack oil sands project pending approval for its thermal oil sands application from the govern...

Careers at TOTAL

Careers at TOTAL - Videos

More than 600 job openings are now online, watch videos and learn more!


Click Here to Watch

Other Oil & Gas Industry Jobs

Search More Job Listings >>
Stay Connected