Premier will develop the field, which Amerada Hess discovered in the early 1990s, with two production wells and two water-injection wells completed subsea and tied back to a processing platform on a conventional steel jacket installed in 135 m of water. Oil will be stored in a subsea tank with capacity of 300,000 bbl for offloading onto shuttle tankers.
Production is estimated to begin in 2014 at 24,000 b/d. Oil is 27º gravity with a GOR of 124 scf/bbl. Premier estimates reserves in the Jurassic Solan reservoir at 40 million bbl.
After a year of production, the platform will not normally be staffed.
Premier is operator during development with a 60% interest, which it acquired last year from private Chrysaor Ltd., London. Chrysaor holds the other 40%.