Rialto submits development plan for Gazelle field off Ivory Coast

By OGJ editors

Rialto Energy Ltd. submitted a field development plan on Nov. 4 to the Hydrocarbon Directorate in Abidjan for developing Gazelle field, in Block CI‐202, offshore Ivory Coast.

The field contains mostly gas with some oil and is in less the 50 m of water.

The company expects approval by yearend of the plan, including a memorandum of understanding regarding gas sales.

Doris Engineering has worked on the front-end engineering of the project and Rialto expects the Transocean GSF Monitor drilling rig to become available for starting the drilling program in late first-quarter 2012.

The company has procured long lead items for the proposed three-well program.

A recent update from an outside consulting company estimated that Block CI-202 contained total mean contingent liquids and gas resource of 50 million bbl and 396 bcf, respectively and total mean prospective liquids and gas resource of 511 million bbl and 1,785 bcf.

The operator Rialto holds an 85% interest in Block CI-202, with the remaining 15% interest held by Societe Nationale d'Operations Petrolieres de la Cote d'Ivoire (Petroci), Ivory Coast’s national oil company.

Related Articles

WoodMac: Bakken drilling, completion capex to top $15 billion in 2014

04/02/2014 Oil and gas industry analyst Wood Mackenzie Ltd. forecasts that operators in the Bakken shale will invest more than $15 billion on drilling and com...

Contract let for Yolla gas field rig

04/01/2014 Origin Energy Ltd., Sydney, and partners in the BassGas joint venture have let a contract to Seadrill Australia Pte. Ltd. to provide the West Teles...

Moody’s: Marcellus shale gas producers to benefit most in US

04/01/2014 Natural gas producers in the Marcellus shale will benefit more than producers elsewhere in the US because of many favorable circumstances, even if ...

Roc farms in to PSC offshore Malaysia

04/01/2014 Fresh from its sale of the Basker-Manta-Gummy (BMG) fields in Bass Strait, Roc Oil Co. Ltd. has farmed in to a production-sharing contract offshore...

Careers at TOTAL

Careers at TOTAL - Videos

More than 600 job openings are now online, watch videos and learn more!

 

Click Here to Watch

Other Oil & Gas Industry Jobs

Search More Job Listings >>
Stay Connected