TransCanada, partners ink Pathfinder pipeline MOU

By OGJ editors
HOUSTON, May 21--TransCanada Corp., affiliates of Enterprise Products Partners LP, and Quicksilver Gas Services LP have signed a memorandum of understanding regarding the proposed 915-mile Pathfinder natural gas pipeline project OGJ, (Apr. 18, 2008, Newsletter).

Enterprise and Quicksilver would acquire as much as an aggregate 50% ownership in the proposed project and commit to ship 500 MMcfd of gas for a 10-year term.

Enterprise and Quicksilver would own as much as 40% and 10%, respectively, of the pipeline and anticipate forming a new entity which would contract for the 500 MMcfd shipping position. Enterprise will own 80% of this new entity, and Quicksilver will own the remaining 20%. TransCanada will continue to be responsible for developing, constructing, and operating the pipeline.

The first phase of the pipeline, to be in service by late 2010, would transport gas from Meeker, Colo. through Wamsutter, Wyo., to the Northern Border pipeline. The initial capacity will be 1.2 bcfd.

The second phase, extending the pipeline to Emerson where gas can be shipped to eastern markets or storage facilities using the Great Lakes gas transmission system and TransCanada's Canadian mainline system, could be in service as early as fourth-quarter 2011.

Related Articles

White House eyes steps to curb oil, gas methane emissions

03/29/2014 The White House announced additional steps to reduce methane emissions from oil and gas operations as part of a broader strategy. They included reg...

NGSA asks Congress to pass bills facilitating LNG exports

03/27/2014 The Natural Gas Supply Association called on Congress to support legislation that would facilitate more LNG exports. “Exporting LNG overseas will h...

US, European energy leaders to discuss gas diversification measures

03/27/2014 Top US government energy officials and their counterparts from other G7 nations will meet early next week to discuss reducing Europe’s heavy relian...

Santos buys gas reserves for Queensland LNG plant

03/27/2014 The WestSide Corp.-Mitsui joint venture has been let a contract to supply gas to the Santos Ltd.-led Gladstone LNG project for 20 years beginning i...

Careers at TOTAL

Careers at TOTAL - Videos

More than 600 job openings are now online, watch videos and learn more!

 

Click Here to Watch

Other Oil & Gas Industry Jobs

Search More Job Listings >>
Stay Connected