Work proceeds on Khalifa Point refinery

Eric Watkins
Senior Correspondent

LOS ANGELES, Nov. 14 -- A survey and geotechnical investigation have been completed for the $5 billion Khalifa Coastal Refinery project planned by International Petroleum Investment Co. (IPIC) of Abu Dhabi and Pakistan's Pak-Arab Refinery Ltd. (Parco) near Hub in Baluchistan Province (OGJ, Oct. 15, 2007, Newsletter).

A detailed feasibility study for the 300,000 b/d refinery will be completed by January 2008, with the front-end engineering and design expected by November 2008.

A construction contract is expected to be awarded by March 2009, with completion of the facility due by December 2012.

IPIC will hold 74% of the project, with Parco holding the remaining 26%.

Contact Eric Watkins at hippalus@yahoo.com.

Related Articles

Phillips 66 considers splitter at Sweeny refinery

03/21/2014 Phillips 66 is evaluating the potential for the addition of a condensate splitter near its 247,000-b/d Sweeny refinery in Old Ocean, Tex., just sou...

Second small diesel refinery planned for North Dakota

03/21/2014 Quantum Energy Inc. (QEI), Tempe, Ariz., said it has secured land for the construction of a 20,000-b/d grassroots hydroskimming refinery in North D...

WoodMac: Global ethylene demand, production on the rise

03/20/2014 Ethylene-producing assets that have access to low-cost natural gas feedstocks, such as the ones in North America, will lead the competition in glob...

Chevron’s Richmond refinery project advances

03/19/2014 The city of Richmond, Calif., has released a long-awaited draft environmental impact report (EIR) for Chevron Corp.’s $1 billion modernization proj...

Careers at TOTAL

Careers at TOTAL - Videos

More than 600 job openings are now online, watch videos and learn more!

 

Click Here to Watch

Other Oil & Gas Industry Jobs

Search More Job Listings >>
Stay Connected