GAIL JV to build petrochemical plant in Assam

Shirish Nadkarni
OGJ Correspondent

MUMBAI, Oct. 24 -- India's state-owned GAIL India Ltd. is the lead promoter of a $1.2 billion integrated petrochemical complex in India to be built in Lepetkata district in Dibrugarh, Assam.

The complex will contain a gas separation plant, hydrocracker unit, and downstream polymer and integrated offsite utilities and plants. It will have a capacity of 220,000 tonnes/year of ethylene and 60,000 tonnes/year of propylene.

GAIL will hold 70% equity in the project, and the remaining 30% will be shared among three other partners: Oil India Ltd. (OIL), Numaligarh Refinery Ltd. (NRL), and the Assam state government.

The project will be completed in 60 months from the date of financial closure. The Assam state government has selected the site, and participants have obtained necessary environmental clearance.

OIL will provide 6 million standard cu m/day of gas as feedstock for the complex, and Oil & Natural Gas Corp. will provide 1.35 million standard cu m/day until Mar. 31, 2012, and reduce it to 1 million standard cu m/day thereafter. The complex also will utilize 160,000 tonnes/year of petrochemical-grade naphtha from NRL.

Related Articles

Maintenance slows first-half 2014 US ethylene production

09/01/2014 Following a nearly flawless production record in second-half 2013, US ethylene producers maintained exceptional performance through first-quarter 2...

EIA: July Brent prices drop on reduced market risk

08/25/2014 In the August issue of its Short-Term Energy Outlook (STEO), the US Energy Information Administration maintains its 2014 US liquid fuels consumptio...

AFPM: Shale boom sparks need for petchem workers

04/07/2014 The current boom in shale resource development has sparked an urgent need in the petrochemical industry for technically skilled workers to build, o...

IHS International: US poised to lead world exports of LPG

03/25/2014 US shale gas development has the country poised to become a major global supplier of LPG, mainly to Asia, during 2015-20 with US exports outdistanc...

Careers at TOTAL

Careers at TOTAL - Videos

More than 600 job openings are now online, watch videos and learn more!

 

Click Here to Watch

Other Oil & Gas Industry Jobs

Search More Job Listings >>
Stay Connected