Independents adding to Palo Duro land base

By OGJ editors
HOUSTON, Dec. 14 -- More Canadian independents are establishing land holdings aimed at a Lower Pennsylvanian Bend shale gas play in the Palo Duro basin of West Texas.

Newmex Minerals Inc., Calgary, completed acquisition from a private Canadian company of a 45% working interest in unspecified lands. PetroGlobe Energy USA Ltd., Calgary, holds the other 55%. The companies plan to expand the gross acreage position to 100,000 acres from 58,000 acres now. PetroGlobe said it is accumulating acreage in Motley, Floyd, Briscoe, Swisher, and Hale counties.

PetroGlobe and Newmex plan to drill four exploratory wells in 2006.

Meanwhile, Bankers Petroleum Ltd., Calgary, spudded the Misener-1, its first appraisal well, permitted to 10,500 ft. Site is in Floyd County 4.5 miles northeast of Floydada (OGJ Online, Dec. 7, 2005).

Secondary targets, Bankers Petroleum said, are the San Andres, Clear Fork, Wolfcamp, Upper Pennsylvanian, Strawn, and Morrow formations.

Related Articles

Hibiscus, 3D Oil close on sale of license offshore Victoria

10/30/2014 3D Oil Ltd., Melbourne, has completed the sale of its interests in Victorian offshore production licence Vic/L31 to Malaysian’s Hibiscus Petroleum ...

BLM issues final SEIS for Greater Mooses Tooth project in NPR-A

10/30/2014 The US Bureau of Land Management released its final supplemental environmental impact statement for the proposed Greater Mooses Tooth (GMT1) oil an...

Western Gas to acquire Delaware basin midstream operator

10/29/2014 Western Gas Partners LP will acquire Nuevo Midstream LLC for $15 billion in cash, Nuevo Midstream and its private equity backer EnCap Flatrock Mids...

Buyer emerges for shuttered St. Croix refinery

10/29/2014 Hovensa LLC, the joint venture of Hess Corp. and Petroleos de Venezuela SA (PDVSA), has found a buyer that hopes to restart its idled 500,000-b/d r...

Careers at TOTAL

Careers at TOTAL - Videos

More than 600 job openings are now online, watch videos and learn more!

 

Click Here to Watch

Other Oil & Gas Industry Jobs

Search More Job Listings >>
Stay Connected