ConocoPhillips approves Bohai Bay Phase II development

By OGJ editors

HOUSTON, Dec. 16 -- ConocoPhillips will invest about $1.8 billion in cash capital commitments for the multiyear second development phase of Peng Lai 19-3 field in China's Bohai Bay.

Final project sanction is subject to approval of the overall development plan by the Chinese National Development and Reform Commission.

Phase I development began production in December 2002. The field is producing about 20,000 b/d of oil (OGJ Online, Jan. 3, 2003).

ConocoPhillips and CNOOC signed a contract in December 1994 granting ConocoPhillips exploration rights to 1.6 million-acre Block 11/05 in Bohai Bay.

Operator ConocoPhillips holds a 49% interest in the PL 19-3 development, while CNOOC holds the remaining 51%.

Related Articles

Western gulf lease sale attracts $110 million in high bids

08/20/2014 Gulf of Mexico western planning area Lease Sale 238 drew 93 bids from 14 companies over 81 blocks covering 433,823 acres, totaling $109,951,644 in ...

ConocoPhillips, Enap sign deal to study unconventional oil, gas in Chile

08/06/2014 ConocoPhillips and Chile’s state oil company Empresa Nacional del Petroleo (Enap) have signed a technical agreement to jointly conduct geological, ...

Oando completes purchase of Nigeria assets from ConocoPhillips

07/30/2014 Oando Energy Resources (OER), a Calgary-based subsidiary of Oando PLC, has completed its acquisition of the Nigeria upstream business of ConocoPhil...

ConocoPhillips, Suncor join Shell in deepwater exploration off Nova Scotia

06/11/2014

ConocoPhillips and Suncor Energy Inc. are joining Shell Canada as partners in exploring the deepwater Shelburne basin off Nova Scotia.

Careers at TOTAL

Careers at TOTAL - Videos

More than 600 job openings are now online, watch videos and learn more!

 

Click Here to Watch

Other Oil & Gas Industry Jobs

Search More Job Listings >>
Stay Connected