Save Article Instructions

Sabic awards Foster Wheeler contract for new Yanbu petrochemical complex

By OGJ editors
HOUSTON, June 23 -- Saudi Basic Industries Corp. (Sabic) has awarded a program management service contract to Foster Wheeler Energy Ltd. for the engineering, procurement, and construction of a petrochemical complex in Yanbu Industrial City on the Red Sea coast of Saudi Arabia.

The complex is slated to have an annual production capacity of 3.8 million tonne/year of ethylene, ethylene glycol, polyethylene, and polypropylene products. Sabic announced details for the complex late last year (OGJ Online, Dec. 22, 2003).

The facility is expected to begin operating by Dec. 31, 2007.

The Saudi Arabian government owns 70% of Sabic, and the remaining 30% is held by private investors.

To access this Article, go to: