Dominion taps Weatherford for Devil's Tower spar riser installation

By OGJ editors

HOUSTON, July 11 -- Dominion Exploration & Production Inc. has selected Weatherford International Ltd. to install the production risers for the Devil's Tower dry-tree truss spar in the Gulf of Mexico.

Work on the risers for the deepwater floating production system will be conducted in 5,610 ft. of water on Mississippi Canyon Block 773. The first riser installation is scheduled for first quarter 2004.

Dominion plans eight dry-tree spar wells, which are tied back from the sea floor with the production risers. All risers will be installed using Weatherford's Stabberless method of running casing and tubing. The top tension, single barrier riser design is similar to risers Weatherford has installed for other deepwater operators recently.

Dominion, with 75% interest, is operator of Devil's Tower and partner Pioneer Natural Resources USA Inc. holds the other 25%

Related Articles

PNR reports $3.3 billion capex plan for 2014

02/11/2014 Pioneer Natural Resources Co. (PNR), Dallas, reported capital expenditure plans of $3.3 billion for 2014, $2.2 billion of which to be used to targe...

Pioneer to sell Alaska subsidiary for $550 million

10/25/2013 Dallas-based independent Pioneer Natural Resources Co. has agreed to sell its equity in subsidiary Natural Resources Alaska Inc. to privately held ...

Successes mount in Eagle Ford shale play

11/25/2009 Texon Petroleum Ltd., Brisbane, reported logging 142 ft of potential pay in Cretaceous Eagle Ford after deepening a vertical well completed in Cret...

PNR sells Spraberry properties to Pioneer Southwest

09/02/2009 Pioneer Natural Resources Co., Dallas, has sold oil and gas properties in the Spraberry field in West Texas to Pioneer Southwest Energy Partners LP...

Careers at TOTAL

Careers at TOTAL - Videos

More than 600 job openings are now online, watch videos and learn more!


Click Here to Watch

Other Oil & Gas Industry Jobs

Search More Job Listings >>
Stay Connected