Exploration/Development news briefs, Jan. 12


BP has awarded ABB Singapore, a unit of ABB Group, a $1.7 million contract for the integrated control system of the Lan Tay-Lan Do platform in the Nam Con Son project off Viet Nam.

TGS-NOPEC Geophysical Co. ASA has begun a non-exclusive 3D seismic survey covering a portion of the Carnarvon basin (Barrow sub-basin) of Australia's Northwest Shelf. TGS-NOPEC said the survey is "heavily pre-funded by oil companies who are major operators in the area."

Unocal Corp. subsidiary Unocal Rapak Ltd. drilled an oil and gas discovery on the Ranggas prospect in the southern portion of the Rapak Production-Sharing Contact area, off East Kalimantan, Indonesia. The Ranggas-1 well was drilled to 11,845 ft TD in 5,303 ft of water. It found 250 ft of gas pay and 40 ft of oil pay, said Unocal. Unocal holds 80% working interest, while Lasmo PLC holds the remaining 20%.

Royal Dutch/Shell Group affiliate Shell Brasil notified the National Petroleum Agency that indications of hydrocarbons have been found in the well 1SHEL-2-ESS currently being drilled in block BC-10. Shell Brasil with a 35% participation inked an exploration joint venture with Petroleo Brasileiro SA with 35%, and ExxonMobil Corp. with 30% in block BC-10.

TotalFinaElf Exploration UK PLC has awarded Aberdeen-based BJ Services Co. a contract for cementing, pumping, and related engineering services at the operator's Alwyn North and Dunbar fields in the North Sea. Work on the 3-year deal starts in September.

Related Articles

ExxonMobil outlines 2014 production plans

03/05/2014

ExxonMobil Corp. said it expects to start production at 10 major projects this year, adding 300,000 net boe/d of net capacity.

ExxonMobil starts production from Damar gas field offshore Malaysia

02/14/2014 ExxonMobil Exploration & Production Malaysia Inc. reported the startup of natural gas production from Damar field, which lies in 55 m of water ...

ExxonMobil expands Permian acreage, enters Utica agreement

02/03/2014 XTO Energy Inc., a subsidiary of ExxonMobil Corp., has agreed to fund development to gain operating equity in 34,000 gross acres in the liquids-ric...

Old onshore concession ends in Abu Dhabi

01/22/2014 Abu Dhabi National Oil Co. (ADNOC) has become the sole shareholder of Abu Dhabi Co. for Onshore Oil Operations (ADCO) after the expiration this mon...

Careers at TOTAL

Careers at TOTAL - Videos

More than 600 job openings are now online, watch videos and learn more!

 

Click Here to Watch

Other Oil & Gas Industry Jobs

Search More Job Listings >>
Stay Connected